Re: [orca-list] Status of accessibility on various Desktops and WM?

I do agree that wonderful work has been done in KDE andXFCE since I have personally tested out the former and Jonathan Nadeau appears to have had a great deal of success with the latter.  I don't know how matters stand with the XFCE community but, I do know that KDE could definitely benefit from more testers.  The kde accessibility list is pretty low traffic and most of it is non-orca related.  I think this is because there just aren't that many Orca users testing KDE out.  Those of you who have Ubuntu 12.04 or higher are in a good positon to help out. with this.  If you install the kubuntu-desktop package, you can switch back and forth between desktops using lightdm's good accessibility.  It really is a nice desktop and the feedback those folks get can help them to keep improving things with regard to accessibility there.  I wouldn't say KDE is ready for production use yet, that's still a ways off but, it is definitely in sight.  If you don't want to take the plunge and just run KDE proper, you can still provide lots of feedback if you just use the kde applicaitons from an accessible desktop like Gnome or Unity.  For instance, I rather liked Amarok and would like to be able to use it better.  There's a nice keyring application for your passwords called KWallet that could use some testing and feedback.  KOrganizer is quite nice as well.

Just some thoughts,

Alex M