Re: [orca-list] More braille goodness: LibreOffice Writer content fully braille scrollable

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 05:14:24PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey guys.

Orca's braille support for LibreOffice Writer documents was pretty bad.
Basically we were only displaying what we were speaking as you navigated
via the keyboard making it necessary to keep switching between devices.
Bah.

I had been thinking that the work done recently to make WebKitGtk
content fully braille scrollable should more or less be applicable to
LibreOffice Writer documents. Today I decided to give that a try. Sure
enough it more or less was. I took care of the differences and now
LibreOffice Writer content is fully braille scrollable. Yay!!
Thanks, I'm very glad to hear this and the other news concerning
improvements to Orca's braille support. As a user who mainly relies on
braille, I have long wished for this and hope we're seeing a new trend
here. :)

Thanks again.

Cheers,
S.M.