Re: [orca-list] orca and ubuntu 12.10

Well don't get to excited yet. Orca does work and I can go through the Orca menu and set Orca up how I want it. But that is all I can do right now. That is why I'm looking for the export command because I think it will fix my problems. i'm not sure but I want to try it first before I look for another solution to fix this problem. I installed gnome-terminal and that works. But I can't get pidgin to be read by Orca. So here is the problem I can open programs like pidgin and firefox libreoffice and thunderbird. But Orca can't read any of them. So if anyone has an idea please let me know so I can move forward with this project. Thanks for your time and help.

       On 09/17/2012 10:52 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
Hmm, I'd love to help you but I'm still boggling over the fact that you
blithely said you're in XFCE when a bunch of us have tried it and got no
satisfaction out of the whole thing.  How'd you get it to talk in any of its
parts at all?  Do tell.  I tried and tried last April and it was no cigar
the whole way.

All ears,
Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Nadeau
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 9:04 AM
To: orca-list
Subject: [orca-list] orca and ubuntu 12.10

Hello list,

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 with
XFCE and have orca installed. Orca seems to be running fine but here are my
issues.

If I go online with firefox Orca can't read anything within firefox.
Also the hot key works to get to the menu but Orca doesn't read the menu.

I know people have posted on the list some commands like export gale
something or other. I think If I could get this command the menu and firefox
should be accessible. or at least I thin so. Again any help would be
appreciated.