Re: [orca-list] Current Ubuntu and Orca - stability?

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 09:55:24PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello everyone1
  I'm thinking of installing an Ubuntu on a new (second hand old)
notebook of mine. I was thinking about Ubuntu. But I have heard from
several corners, that the current Ubuntu had definite problems with
the GUI.
  So what's you advise, if I want to go with some sort of
Ubuntu/Debian (1.8GHz dualcore with 2GB RAM).
  Thans for following me thus far.
If it were my system I'd rather go with Debian and upgrade to Wheezy or
Sid than muck about with Ubuntu. Or if you'd like a new experience with
very up-to-date software, you could give arch a try.
Cheers,
S.M.