[orca-list] Ubuntu 12.04 live DVD and orca/braille/speech support

Hello everyone!
I get the same problem, that I got with Sonar. My braille display (Papenmeier EL40S) is found and brltty starts, but I can't read more than the startup message "BRLTTY 4.3 rev 5477". I don't know what to do. I could hear, that the consoles were working and someting was happening on the GUI. Any ideas? How can I get my system to talk to me or give me braille output. I know, it's not as good as speech, but it would do for a start, from there I might fix the rest.
  Helplessly blind yours :-)
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html