Re: [orca-list] Trisquel GNU/Linux 6.0 LTS is out in pre-release edition

In GNOME 3.4.2 Classic, you can access the panel applets, including wifi networks, other networks, battery status, weather applet, notifications, software updater/notifier, and clock. I'm not sure that the battery time estimate is always accurate. Regarding the wifi networks, Orca reports signal strength estimate and whether the network is secured. The menu strip and GNOME control center also seem fully accessible. In the GNOME Shell, items like battery and wifi status are items on a control called the Top Bar. You can get here with 'ctrl+alt+tab', from any app window. Orca doesn't seem to read battery status. Orca does read the available wifi networks; the one to which you are connected changes, visually, in some way, that Orca considers it grayed out and, thus, does not read it. For a more-comprehensive discussion of using the GNOME Shell with accessibility, please visit:
http://accessiblefreedom.org/wiki/?title=GNOME_Shell

HTH,

Dave