Re: [orca-list] gnome shell, orca and alt+escape

You can do this with tabs already in Firefox.  Suppose you have this set up:

Google search
Twitter
Facebook
University learning site

All are in their own tab.  Well, Firefox numbers them from left to
right so, google is tab 1 and the university site is tab 4.  You use
control key combinations in conjunction with the top row numbers (not
the numpad) to jump directly to the one you want.  So, say I am doing
some research for an assignment on how Spanish evolved from Vulgar
Latin and lent a word or two to English which is then used in paralel
with yet another similar english word that sprang from the same root
but got here by way of Norman French.  I read my assignment in tab 4,
press control 1 to jump to the google search, type in my search, go to
my desired link and then control 4 to come back to the university site
and fill in my answer.  Suppose I get writer's block in the mean time
and want to check my twitter timeline, I hit control 2, have a look
then do a control 4 to get back to my uni assignment.  I finish and,
before starting with my next one, I remember that my cousin in
Honduras was feeling ill and want to check up on him.  I hit control 3
to jump to the Facebook tab, check his wall, write  him a quick get
well wish and then control 4 back to the Uni site and get started on
my physics assignment.

Is this what you meant by wishing you could cycle through tabs?

Alex M