Re: [orca-list] gnome shell, orca and alt+escape

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 11:21:55PM -0700, Robert Cole wrote:
Hello, JosÃ.

I see the same behavior. Orca does announce windows when using
ALT+Tab and ALT+` (the grav key, located above the tab key). If you
do not know this, you use ALT+Tab to switch between applications,
and you use ALT+` to switch between opened windows of a given
application.

Here's a small example. Say that my open windows are as follows:

*One Terminal window
*Two Firefox windows (one opened to DistroWatch.com and the other
opened to Linux Journal's Web site)
*Thunderbird

Say I am in the terminal window, but I want to get to the Firefox
window which displays the Linux Journal Web site. I would use
ALT+Tab to switch to the Firefox application listing, and when there
I would use ALT+` to switch between the different open instances (or
windows) of Firefox until I arrive at the Linux Journal page.
How about tabs? How does one cycle through them?

What would be terrific would be if one could jump straight to certain
windows by number like you can with screen.

Cheers,
S.M.