Re: [orca-list] Which distribution to switch to from Windows? [was "Re: A real message with a question"]

It's true that Linux Mint doesn't ship with Orca, but from discussions I've participated in recently, installing Orca is apparently not enough to get Cinnamon or Mate talking. As Mate is a fork of GNOME 2.x, I don't see why the accessibility stack didn't carry over, but apparently it doesn't work either. As I said, I'd love to be wrong about this, and hopefully someone is indeed working on maintaining screen reader access in these environments.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/