Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of java-Based programs

Hi,

Agreed. Java access using the Java ATK Wrapper is superior to that in
Windows with the Java Access Bridge generally speaking. Of course, it
helps that the Java ATK Wrapper like everything else in Linux is an
open source initiative and is ongoing where the Java Access Bridge for
Windows hasn't been updated since Oracle took over Sun two years ago.
That speaks to me volumes where Oracle's access priorities are
regarding Java and their other products.

Regarding AWT I don't know it is accessible on any platform. The
entire point of Swing was to replace AWT with a better toolkit that
was accessible via an access bridge, and so far as I know most Java
developers use SWT or Swing for GUI applications so encountering an
AWT based app is pretty unlikely these days.