Re: [orca-list] ViewPoints features Orca, Gnome, and Linux Accessibility

Hi, Krishnakant,

On 5/30/12, Krishnakant Mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:
Hi Alex,
On 05/30/2012 08:45 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
Hi, Krishnakant,

Perhaps, a project that might benefit from your PM expertise and
resources is the compilation and maintenance of developer
documentation for Orca.  This way, others who wish to do what you wish
to do needn't wait for its production as long as your messages seem to
indicate you have.  It's pretty common to find devs who excel at
coding but have a very hard time with documentation.  It may even be a
matter of just insufficient resources or time on the part of the Orca
team to put them together.
Very true, I would love to do it, provided I have some initial startup
guidance.

Have you run across this link yet?  It seems to offer just that:
https://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp

   If you have the project management and the
manpower resources, you might see about trying to get together a team
of people to pull the code, maybe run it through doxygen or something,
get in there and flesh it out and then go do the same for at-spi2,
pyatspi and libatk.  It may not be so bad if you can take pre-existing
documentation that is out of date and have your team bring it up to
speed with current a11y technology.  If someone with the man power and
organizational resources brought this about, I think it would be a
very positive thing for Orca and a11y in general.

Yes, that could be done, Infact documenation for the existing code was
very much on my mind.
Just that I needed the starting point.
Besides, our team could do both coding and documentation.
Doxygen would help in getting out doclets from the functions in Python,
but more elaboration would be needed and for code return in C, it would
be a bit more complex.
But having Orca code documented is most important I guess.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

Indeed, granted, it's not the most glamorous nor is it the most
appealing thing but it is quite important.  The link I provided above
seems to indicate that Orca's code is extensively commented so,
perhaps, what Doxygen produces won't be so sketchy after all.  There
are other links on that page that could be used for the gleaning of
additional information.  Perhaps, have a team of 3 working on it where
each takes a link and reports their findings and one of them
aggregates that into a spreadsheet or something.  I'm no pmp so,
please excuse my fumbling.  I'm sure you've probably come up with
other more productive ways of doing this while you are reading what I
say.

Regards,
Alex M