Re: [orca-list] some questions about Orca

on a desktop Orca reads from the cursor position by pressing the plus key on the numeric keypad. Pressing twice Orca_H you will find all short keys.
Milton
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chaltain gmail com>
To: "Orca" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] some questions about Orca

I'll include some brief answers to your questions below.

On 23/05/12 13:20, Harold wrote:
So far I have been enjoying my experience with Orca and Ubuntu in
general but had a few questions.  Coming from jaws and voice over some
of the language is different in the Orca manual.  What is flat review
used for?

Flat review is used to read text on the screen that you can't get to by
jumping around an application with tab and arrow keys. For example, if
you want to review messages that have been spit out onto the screen in a
terminal session. If you're used to other screen readers, you could
think of it as JAWS cursor mode.

 Is there a say all command for Orca, I thought it was Orca ;
but this does not work.

How does it not work? Orca+; is what I use to read from the current
position in a document to the end of the document.

What is best way to read email in Thunder bird?  I have
the prview pane turned off so when pressing return it brings up the
email in a seperate window, how to I quickly navigate to the message
body to read it?  This is where say all would come in handy.

I don't know what the best way to read email in Thunderbird is, but I
use the preview pane, and I use the F6 key to jump between my folder
list, my list of messages within a folder and the beginning of a
message. F6 may also jump you to the beginning of the message if you
open up a message in it's own window, but I'm not sure about that.

I also turn on the automatic reading of messages in the Orca settings
for Thunderbird. IMHO, this should be the default, just as not reading
pages automatically in Firefox should be the default. Like I said
though, that's just my opinion!

Overall, good times.  I would love to see Orca released for Android
handset as a mobile version, that would be cool.

I'd love to just see Ubuntu running on a handset myself!

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail