Re: [orca-list] usb distors

You may also want to take a look at ADRIANE Knoppix:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-adriane/index-en.html

On 05/22/2012 05:42 AM, Dave Hunt wrote:
Trisquel 5.5 GNU/Linux. Be sure to download the I18N DVD Edition. It will come up talking with Orca, right from startup. You'll have a fully-functional live session to try for demo purposes. When ready, you can go ahead and install.

http://www.trisquel.info

Ubuntu 12.04 can be started with Orca. Just grab the desktop image of your choice, burn to flash drive, start the system, and, when you hear bongo drums, hit 'ctrls' for an accessible live session.

http://www.ubuntu.com

Another you can try is Vinux. This is a distribution, based on Ubuntu, that is optimized for accessibility with speech, braille, and/or magnification.

http://vinuxproject.org

For all of the above, there are bootable '.iso' cd/dvd images. You can write them to a pen drive with the 'dd' command; I've used the command:

"sudo dd if=/home/dave/Downloads/foobar.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=1M", where 'foobar.iso' is the image file.

HTH,

Dave

,