[orca-list] orca just says welcome and that is all

Hi.  I have now upgraded to gnome 3.4 and I am trying to get orca to
work.  All I get is "welcome to orca" and a number of warnings like the
following:
** (orca:3296): WARNING **: AT-SPI: Error in GetItems, sender=(null),
error=Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.

I have at-spi-core 2.4.1 and  at-spi2-atk 2.4.0.

I would appreciate some help on getting this going.

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici