Re: [orca-list] Magnifier

Please, the cost of fixing this regression should be around 2 hours work and 3 lines of code...

---------- PÅvodnà zprÃva ----------
Od: Fernando H. F. Botelho <fernando botelho f123 org>
Datum: 17. 5. 2012
PÅedmÄt: Re: [orca-list] Magnifier

You are correct. It is really too bad, since it is a fairly basic and
important feature for a magnifier to have and given the large number of
persons with low vision around the world.

In fact, I am considering adding this feature to the list of items we
would fund if my next proposal is successful with foundations.

The latest third-party estimate of the total number of Gnome users
around the world is over 14 million. If we make the fairly safe
assumption that the number of actual and potential users of Gnome that
have low vision is similar to the number observed in the general
population (based on a 2011 WHO study), we quickly find that this
feature can help a potential population of about 504 thousand persons.

Assuming that this improvement on Gnome will cost 5 thousand Dollars or
less to implement, the cost of helping 504,000 users with magnification
is less than one cent per person. What foundation would say no to that
return on investment, assuming they understand how FOSS works.

BTW, if anybody wants to suggest foundations for me to get in touch
with, please do. I can be reached at fernando botelho f123 org