Re: [orca-list] Magnifier

The GNOME 3 magnifier is expected to have cursor and focus tracking done
for 3.6.

And for what it's worth, Orca is a screen reader. It never had a
magnifier; it drove gnome-mag -- which didn't do cursor and focus
tracking either. (Mind you, the windows and mac solutions seem to be
able to do this without screen readers driving them. Go figure....)

Snarky comments aside, Orca trying to be too many things to too many
people is not good for Orca or the bulk of its users. This is only
compounded by the fact that in different environments there are
different magnifiers. Orca cannot drive them all, even if it wanted to.
For this reason, we encourage magnification solutions, such as the GNOME
3 magnifier, to implement cursor and focus tracking -- as the GNOME 3
magnifier is going to do. That way, people who don't need a screen
reader will have tracking.

Take care.
--joanie