Re: [orca-list] so how accessible *is* gnome 3.2 on fedora 16?

Hi Peter,

Peter Rayner <prayner unimelb edu au> wrote:
3.2 is what comes standard with fc-16 and it seems that 3.4 won't
arrive until fc-17 is finalized. I'm having little luck with gnome 3.2
with the supplied orca. I presume I can't just compile/install atk,
at-spi and orca from the 3.4 branches against gnome 3.2?

I sincerely doubt if you compile the latest ATK, At-Spi, Orca, etc it will greatly improve accessibility.
Gnome 3.2 was simply not very accessible, and was one of the principle reasons I stuck with Gnome 2.32 for
all of my stable systems. I actually didn't switch to Gnome 3.x until Gnome 3.4 was released and had a
degree of accessibility similar to 2.x. So my recommendation is rather than try and get Fedora 16 working
I'd hold off until Fedora 17 is released with Gnome 3.4.

Cheers!