Re: [orca-list] Regarding the migration to Python 3

Krishnakant mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:
There is still a problem with many libraries not working well with Python 3.
So what if I need python 2X still to be the default on my machine?

That's fine. My machine (Debian) has Python 2.7 and Python 3 both installed in
parallel, and:
jason jdc:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/python
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Jan 25 08:52 /usr/bin/python -> python2.7

So 2.7 is the default, but any script that needs Python 3 can just do this in
its first line:
#!/usr/bin/python3
although I understand that the proper way to do it is
#!/usr/bin/env python3
which works as long as python3 is somewhere in $PATH.