Re: [orca-list] Gnome 2 or 3?

The xdesktop branch of orca is required for gnome 2.  There have been a few bug fixes since the latest gnome-orca package now available to Vinux.  It is not expected that any new features will be added to orca by the orca team, just some bug fixes.  Vinux will not be officially releasing anything that could use the new main branch of orca until Vinux 4.0, which will be based upon Ubuntu 12.04 precise.  It will be using Unity by default.  I would not expect the CD edition to include other window managers / desktops, such as a full KDE or a full gnome 3 desktop.  There should be no problem for the user to install them by themselves.  The accessibility infrastructure should be compatible.  Perhaps more desktops / applications can make it into the Vinux 4.0 DVD Edition, probably depending on their accessibility at the time.

Don Marang
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org