Re: [orca-list] [Kde-accessibility] Menu bar in qt apps in Ubuntu Precise

Tirsdag 6. mars 2012 09.24.54 skrev Henning Oschwald:
On Mo, Mär 05 2012, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
I just found the time to look into the menu problem and found that the
menus were broken for quite a while in the qt-at-spi bridge. Please
let me know when you encounter something so obviously broken. I don't
use it in my every day life, so I am less likely to know what's not
working.

You're right, I should have reported this. Shame on me. My guess however
was that the issue is related to Qt rather than to the bridge.

It doesn't make a difference, I will fix bugs in Qt and the bridge.
Of course Qt patches take a bit longer to trickle down into the distros. But
if we figure out something is broken and the patch is not too intrusive, I
think many distros will be open to backport fixes, as long as it's reasonable.

The fix is in the last few commits of the bridge repo, please encourage
distributions to update to bd6d18614d417a8c75d111fe25a3a96ef61e799b.

Works great, yay! I tested the menus in Mumble so far and Orca reads
them like a charm.

Many thanks for the fix.

That's good to hear :)

Cheers
Frederik

PS: I regularily read the kde-accessibility kde org mailing list and only
check here every once in a while. So if you have Qt issues, either put me in
cc or use the kde list.

cheers

  Henning