Re: [orca-list] no audio output on menus in ubuntu 12.04 beta1

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 01:06:32PM EST, Bart Bunting wrote:
Hi Krishnakant,

It appears that with the latest update this morning menues are mostly
 working.

I am now getting spoken feedback for all menus.

I have noticed a few oddities and am not sure if it is my system or
something ubuntu or orca related.  Hopefully someone else can confirm
this and then I can file appropriate bugs.

1.  Menus are spoken with what appears to be "underscore" where spaces
should be.  Note that this doesn't always happen as expected, for
example, in the firefox edit menu, I hear "underscore find"
"pref underscore erences" "find underscore again".
Perhaps this is underscores being sent where spaces should be, although
the apparent random insertion of one in the middle of preferences is
strange.  Also the one preceding find.

A fix for this has been submitted and is waiting to be uploaded.

2.  Although when hitting alt f10 the menu items are now spoken when I
arrow down the actual items on the panel are not.  I'm guessing this is
probably a Ubuntu rather than orca issue.

This is to do with the Unity panel code which seems to have been broken. Its on my to fix list for this week.

Luke