Re: [orca-list] Topics

On 06/30/2012 05:22 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps, but I think I would feel more comfortable with a list that
deals with Linux accessibility in general rather than someone using
the Vinux list for everything. After all, I would assume the Vinux
list would or should be primarily for the use of Vinux.

+1, and that discipline must be maintained for every list with a bit of flexibility.

I think we should probably setup a dedicated list on Google Groups
specifically for Linux accessibility in general where Speakup, Orca,
Emacspeak, accessible games, etc is all on topic regardless of
distribution or screen reader. :D

Besides, there are many other questions which are not related to screen readers of speech synthesizers at all, yet related to accessibility. For example a blind user might not be able to do some thing because the documentation for that task is either inaccessible or does not give the correct information.
So that user may ask such a question on such a list.

I can right away give one instance, if all promos not to drift away.
I was just trying to find an off line version of the html dom2 specification because I have to do a bit of javascripting some times. I see that the w3c site does not have an offline version available, unless i am mistaken.
Besides, some pages are not properly accessible with Orca.
Now this would be totally off topic, but related to accessibility because if the person was sighted, such a question would not have come.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.