Re: [orca-list] Problems With Sound in Ubuntu 12

Hi Jason,

On 6/22/12, Jason White <jason jasonjgw net> wrote:
When you change the volume and shut down the machine, the new settings should
be automatically saved in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state unless Ubuntu are doing
something unusual with their audio configuration.

If you're running Pulse Audio per session, the settings are in ~/.pulse and
should be saved as soon as you change them using pacmd, pactl or, presumably,
Gnome tools.

Yeah, I know. That is what I don't understand. The settings should be
saved, but every time I boot the sound card is muted when there is
absolutely no reason for that to be happening that I can see.