[orca-list] List of Accessible apps for Linux

Hi I am looking for a list of Accessible applications for Linux I am using tresquel and I would like to know how to install applications do I use the update manager?  I am looking for a podcast receiver application and an audio and video player like VLC.  I would also be interested in other useful applications  that you can point me to thanks for your time.

Corey