From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of S. Massy
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:35 PM
To: mattias
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] the debian testing gnome-shell

Alex Midence 2012-06-14 23:11:
will it read gdm?  If so, it should be possible to get to a desktop
selection combo box on there somewhere.
If you figure it out, please let me know. I too have been experiencing a
sudden lack of accessibility with Wheezy and Gnome.

so much simpler in the console.  No pulse.  I wish there was an
accessible x environment that did not require pulse audio and still
had modern libraries and could display modern versions of the
programs I like.
You don't need pulse, just uninstall the gnome-core metapackage which
depends on it and all the pulse related clutter. You may need to edit your
speech-dispatcher config, though.

Cheers,
S.M.