Re: [orca-list] the debian testing gnome-shell

Alex Midence 2012-06-14 23:11:
will it read gdm?  If so, it should be possible to get to a desktop
selection combo box on there somewhere.
If you figure it out, please let me know. I too have been experiencing a
sudden lack of accessibility with Wheezy and Gnome.

so much simpler in the console.  No pulse.  I wish there was an
accessible x environment that did not require pulse audio and still
had modern libraries and could display modern versions of the programs
I like.
You don't need pulse, just uninstall the gnome-core metapackage which
depends on it and all the pulse related clutter. You may need to edit
your speech-dispatcher config, though.

Cheers,
S.M.