From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of William Gallik
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:44 AM
To: List Orca
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Trisquel

I'm interested in purchasing a somewhat older PC (probably 18-24 months old) and installing Linux exclusively
on that computer.  I joined this list so I can first get some insights as to issues for blind computer users
working on a Linux/Orca platform.  As such, I have some questions of curiosity:

1)  What is Trisquel and what is it for? Is it a Linux/Unix application?

2)  When Daniel related that he's using a Mac Mini with VMWare Fusion, I'm assuming that this means that a
Linux OS is being emulated through the Mac native OS (although I understand the Mac OS kernel is in fact
Unix). How does that work, to get one of the screen readers to function I mean?

I want to migrate to a Linux system because I'm a retired Software Engineer from Bell Laboratories and
honestly prefer Unix and it's various versions to any version of Windows.