From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:02 AM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Gnome 3.4 and Desktop Sounds

Hi Alex,

Yeah, I know about KDE having desktop sounds. In that regard KDE has always seemed more Windows theme
oriented than Gnome, but until the KDE accessibility improves that's not really an option for me. We are just
now getting to the point where some Qt apps work, but the desktop still has a ways to go before its a serious
accessibility consideration. So I was hoping there was some way to get that functionality under Gnome. If not
I'd be interest to know of what other choices I would have if I want something on par with Windows theme
manager with sounds, icons, and background wallpaper to match.

Cheers!