[orca-list] Gnome 3.4 and Desktop Sounds

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone here could answer a quick question for me.
Back in Gnome 2.x I use to be able to assign sound effects  to various
actions like button click, login, logout, error message, question, etc
just like you can in Microsoft Windows. However, since switching to
Gnome 3.x I have not been able to find where to assign desktop sounds
to system actions. Frankly I am finding Gnome 3.x a bit dull without
any desktop sounds, and hope there is a way to restore this
functionality to the desktop. Does anyone know if this is possible
under Gnome 3.4?

Cheers!