Re: [orca-list] other tts engines besides espeak and pico that are known to work?

4. 6. 2012 v 6:19, Alex Midence:

Known to work, yes.  Easy to install ... I'm afraid not.  There's always Festival but it's a pain to get
working because you have to edit a file and tell it to route it's output through Pulse Audio.

This can be in part mitigated by following our accessibility guide's section on
installing and configuring festival on Ubuntu:

http://live.freebsoft.org/ubuntu-festival

Not ideal setup experience, but at least the steps needed are written somewhere.

Boris