Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
Only thing you can get now with really good support for speakup out
of the box is Squeeze and then just isntall the latest Orca 3.2
xdesktop from source.  It's the best solution if you need console
and desktop to work.  It still uses pure Alsa, no pulse to speak of
unless you go and put it in yourself.

You could run Pulse system-wide rather than per session if that would solve
your audio problems. I haven't tried it yet, but it should be very easy to do
unless there are issues that I'm not foreseeing.

I don't need speech at the console login prompt because I have BRLTTY and a
braille display.