Re: [orca-list] MATE?

Hi,

 I don't find any capability to do alt-ctrl-D, shift-F10 (or Applications key) to open contextual menu
(this combination makes gnome crash).

Perhaps under Debian those hot keys are unassigned in Gnome. I can
tell you that Gnome 3 has many of the same hot keys as Gnome 2.x, and
you can setup any hot keys you want in Gnome 3.x.

 I don't find anymore the same capability to customize preferences of keyboard/shortcuts. Didn't you
experience this?

No. If you select system settings in Gnome 3, go to keyboard
shortcuts, you can configure any keyboard shortcuts you want. I'm a
bit confused why Debian would be lacking this as I'm able to configure
keyboard shortcuts in Ubuntu 12.04 and Gnome 3.4.

 Is it only a Debian problem?

Perhaps. I'm not a Debian user myself, but I'm able to use Gnome
Fallback on Ubuntu and Trisquel without the issues and problems you
mentioned here. So it might very well be an issue with Debian's build
of Gnome.

 In classic mode, really do we have, as in gnome2, a desktop when doing alt-ctrl-D, or as much shortcuts
as with gnome2? Your experience interests me.

Absolutely. You probably just need to assign the shortcut keys in
Debian to access  those things. You also might be a victim of the
Metacity bug where it erases your keyboard shortcuts on startup
forcing you to reassign all your shortcuts again. That bug drives me
totally insane.

Cheers!