[orca-list] Application-specific sound card assignment in Natty

Hi All,
Been googling for the answer to this for a while, but so far nothing has
worked...I'd like to assign certain applications to my second sound card
(music, audio from flash in firefox, etc).  I installed pavucontrol per
several results on Google, but I can't seem to make it assign different
apps to a sound card.  I see the entry for speech-dispatcher, but
there's no button next to the label like a previous post on this list
said there would be.  The second sound card is a generic USB audio
device, that's detected by alsa, I just can't seem to get anything
working with pulseaudio in the desktop.
Any help would be greatly apreciated...