Re: [orca-list] setting the time:

I know that this topic was asking about setting the timezone and such via the command line, but as Christopher was pointing out this can be done via A GUI as well, if so desired.

If you are running Ubuntu 11.10, or probably earlier versions as well, just press ALT+F2, enter the command gnome-control-center, and press ENTER. There is a launcher for the Time & Date dialog within the gnome-contol-center, and (at least for me) it is easier to get to it this way than using the Unity dash, at least for the time being. Regardless of which distribution you are running, though, if you are under GNOME, the gnome-control-center application should be there and should be ready for use.