Re: [orca-list] Fwd: ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10 for time being?

Hi Krishnakant,

On 01/25/2012 04:19 PM, hackingKK wrote:
I have a few questions.
Are there new keyboard shortcuts I must learn.
When installed with the blind profile, ubuntu is configured to use the unity 2d interface. That interface is completely different than the interface used in ubuntu 10.10. Now, the f10 key is your friend. Many things can be done pressing the f10 key and looking in the menus. To be honest, I didn't like unity 2d.
Be prepared to the differences.

and secondly what new features I can expect with respect to Orca?
Unless I am wrong there are no new features in orca. However I can tell that the stability and the performance were enhanced a lot. I am using for about 20 days without crashes and without need to restart orca. There are some pages in firefox that stop orca but as soon as kill firefox, orca continues working. There are some menus that are not read correctly by orca but I think that orca is not the guilty.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.