Re: [orca-list] thunderbird 8 unstable in ubuntu 11.10

I don't seem to be having these problems myself with Thunderbird 8.0 in Ubuntu 11.10. I'm still running Orca 3.2.1 and I use the preview pane exclusively.

I just noticed that on this netbook, running Vinux 3.1/Ubuntu 10.10, I'm running Thunderbird 9.0.1. This is with Orca 3.1.9-xdesktop and Gnome 2. Again, I'm not having any stability problems with Thunderbird, and I'm just using the preview pane. Maybe updating to Thunderbird 9.0 on your Ubuntu 11.10 system will help with your stability problems.