Re: [orca-list] Orca and Podcast Streaming

Hello, Christopher.

I am not quite sure, but I think that it may be an accessibility related problem. I am able to use the F6 key to jump between panes in the Banshee window, but when it comes to using Orca for browsing albums, it just does not speak. I have a very small bit of vision, so I use magnification when I need to, but I am really trying to depend on it as little as possible...I still need it, though, for the time being.

When browsing albums and podcast episodes, Banshee displays the album name as an icon. It tries to find the cover image for the particular album and displays it above the album title (or beside it when it comes to podcasts). I seem to be able to audibly navigate everything in Banshee excluding the viewing of albums and podcast episodes. It is a little quirky sometimes, too, but it works for the most part for me. I really like it because it has support for video as well as audio, so I can basically use one program for everything for the most part.

I didn't see any bug reports for this issue...but I am not sure if it would be a bug, per se, or more so a feature request.

While I was heavily relying on magnification, I almost exclusively used Banshee. I'm hoping that it can be that way now that I am using Orca.