[orca-list] Orca and Pidgin

Hello, everyone.

I have been trying to work exclusively with Orca throughout the day today, and it has been great! It is nice to rest my eyes while working on the computer! :)

I was testing some programs out today, and I thought that I would give Pidgin a try as I have used it pretty often over the years. It seemed very accessible to Orca. There was one caveat, and I was wondering if anyone else here who uses Pidgin has noticed the same issue. Basically, when trying to change the status in Pidgin using the Pidgin Status Selector combo box, the different statuses are not spoken. If I use the numpad keys I can hear the various statuses, but if I would for example change my status from Available to Busy or Away, pressing the '5' key on the numpad announces the first status option (Available as opposed to announcing the currently highlighted status.

Are there any other Pidgin users here on-list, or is there a better alternative to Pidgin?

Thanks for any input on this.