Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Re: Proposal: Remove the emacspeak suppport]

Hi Sergei.

Most of the linux users in Russia use orca with emacspeak speech servers
because they provide multilingual speech output (we, for exaple, can
hear english text via enlish voice and russian text via russian)

Getting Orca to do this as an Orca-wide feature is on the to-do list and
something I hope to tackle soon now that my DayJob includes working on
Orca. In which case, emacsspeak would not be needed here.

these servers provide support for some russian tts engines which are not
in use outside Russian speaking community.

Which engines? And would it be possible to get this support added into
speech-dispatcher?

Lastly, and possibly most relevant to the question at hand is: What
version of Orca are all these Russian users using? I am not talking
about removing it from Orca for GNOME 3.2 or the xdesktop branch of
Orca. Just Orca master. In other words, are Russian Orca users using
GNOME 3.2 now and will be using 3.4 when it is released? If the answer
is "no", then my removing this support will have no impact on Russian
users.

Thanks for chiming in! And I hope you don't mind my having forwarded
your message to the Orca list.

Take care.
--joanie