Re: [orca-list] Announcing Orca v3.3.90

Hello Petra,

Petra Ritter <petra access-for-all ch> schrieb am 21.02.2012, 19:54 +0100:
I am using Ubuntu 11.10.
Have I any benefits if I install the new Orca.
I don't know.

at the moment I use Orca 3.2.0 and Brltty 4.2.

What happen to brltty if I update to Orca 3.3.90?
Nothing, IMHO the API is the same so you just have to update Orca, not BRLTTY.

Are this the right comandos for building Orca for Ubuntu 11.10?
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get install git-core gnome-common automake1.9 python-json
Try:
  sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
Then download the latest Source from the Orca web site, extract it with
tar xf <filename>
cd <new directory>
and there:
./configure
make
sudo make install

Hint: If you want to test first, you can do instead:
./configure --prefix=/opt/orca
make
sudo make install

This will install orca to /opt/orca, if you want to test it, you run it by
/opt/orca/bin/orca --replace
And if you're fine with that you can use the first option to overwrite your
current Orca version.

Greetings
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://freedict.org/dict?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu