Re: [orca-list] Determining caps when arrowing through text

What version of Orca are you running?

I think this might have already been answered, but on my Ubuntu 12.04
system, running Orca 3.4.2, I had this same problem. I fixed it by
running $ orca -t in a terminal. You only need to do this once. This
might have been addressed in more recent versions of Orca. Note, I got
this work around from this or another list.

Also, the default for the pitch rate in Orca for eSpeak in this version
of Orca is a bit too subtle. I'd suggest cranking up the pitch for an
upper case character to be something like 7, that's assuming you're
using eSpeak. With Voxin, the pith change is more noticeable. I'm pretty
sure I've read on this list that the default pitch rate has been
increases in later versions of Orca.