Re: [orca-list] Orca announces the clock every minute while in VMWare VM

I've never seen this before. What version of VMware are you running, and
is it VMware Player or VMware Workstation? Also, what is the host OS and
what is the guest OS? Sounds like you're seeing this problem when the
guest OS has control. Do you know if these messages are coming from your
guest OS or your host OS?

One thing that I can think of, is that your speech is still running in
the other OS. For example, if I start an update in my guest Vinux, then
when I return to my host Vinux, I'll still hear the updates being read
to me that are being spit out to the terminal in the guest OS. To avoid
this, I switch the focus in the guest OS to a different screen that
doesn't get updated so much. You might be experiencing something similar.