Re: [orca-list] What meaning following commits into master branch?

Hy Joanie,

Clear me now the new changes, now when I updated my source tree I see the new help presenting related modifyed string for the translation.
You wrote:
"A shortcut to turn Orca on/off is going to get moved into GNOME proper
(similar to what VoiceOver already has) and when it does, we won't need
Orca+Q."
I have got a question, and perhaps show an interesting unwanted problem with some situations if shared using a machine with a sighted and visual impaired user: So if I understanding right, new GNOME releases possible launching or quitting Orca under accessibility menu, or the screen reader related shortcut, with prewious default unbounded into GNOME Control Center keyboard preferences pane the shortcuts page. This shortcut are changing the org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled GSettings setting. If this setting is true, Orca launch automaticaly after login operation, and in GNOME Control Center the accessibility pane/visual page the screen reader toggle button is toggled on. I known right? Ubuntu based distros with blindness a11y profile default setting up the screen reader automatic startup (similar with enable screen reader GSettings setting into GNOME Control Center Accessibility pane). So, after login operation, Orca launching automaticaly. When the user want quitting Orca temporary, this is impossible without this GSettings key change? If this is the case, only possible to quitting Orca if turning off the screen reader support on Accessibility menu, and if the user (or a sighted user with temporary working the user machine) forgot to turn on again screen reader support, the visual impaired user next time will be surprising why not start Orca automaticaly the next login operation. For example, some time my wife ask me "please fast I would like looking anything the web". This situation I temporary quit Orca, she looking anything the web, and I restart again Orca without me need logging out, she need logging in a new account, etc. So, if this is possible, not matter if awailable the traditional Orca+Q keystroke to provide possibility to temporary quitting Orca without changing the screen reader support GSettings key state. What will be happening other desktop environments with future perhaps supporting Orca (KDE, LXDE, XFCE)? Absolute not possible quitting Orca? Please not missunderstand: of course I not want criticism the new change, but want showing some perhaps unwanted cases the new changes related.

Attila