Re: [orca-list] what's the most accessible best way to Control and configure jack audio in ubuntu 12.04?

Hello Trahern!
The commandline interface is nice. But there are graphical applications to control several aspects of JACK audio, including connections management. There's qjackctl, which should be accessible in the latest Orca versions, those, that include the QT-api bits. I think there's also a GNOME (gtk) based application to do all that. On the command line, you have jack_control , which is the most basic. It has no interaction at all. but there is also jackctl (or jackctl.py). I'm not sure, if it's in one of the packages, but I might find the link or you might google it. It's only one python script and installation - if not automatically provided now - is just:
chmod 755 jackctl[version_something_or_other]
cp jackctl[the_something_or_other} /usr/local/bin
  This will offer a small shell with simple commands.
There is also esjit, of which I know litle, but may be it can control JACK starting parameters as well as handling connections. You might also edit the right configuration file and set the options you need. I don't know, where it is, but you may ask on the ubuntu lists or one can google it or I could ask on the Linux-Audio-Users list. In general I find the most accessible solutions are commandline based, if there are any. there not always the most efficient, but in this case, I say, you get good value for your time investment. If you have more questions about the commandline side of audio - especially anything jack - just ask. It's a passion of mine. :-)
  Passionately yours :-)
         Julien

050e010d0f12010401-0405-0d09-030f12011a0f0d-
Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

********   Find some music at   ********
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 95 and 37 days,
so I can be sure, there's someone at your site, who loves you."
(Not Winnie the Puh)