Re: [orca-list] Pdf accessibility in Linux was Re: Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

GNU has been working on  PDF libraries which seem to implement all of the Tag functionality of the standard.  GNU had this listed as one of their top priorities last year!  It was designed with accessibility in mind.  The plan was to build a totally accessible PDF viewer, originally called juggler, now seems to go by the name gnupdf (gnupdf.org).  I believe most of the work on the libraries are complete.  Unfortunately, no effort has gone into the front end application!  GNU has also apparently lowered the priority or stopped the idea entirely of developing their own open PDF reader!
Perhaps they think the need has been filled by other projects?  There is an application, called Okular, which is rated well and available on Linux, Windows and Mac.  Has anybody used this application and is it accessible?

Here is a list of free readers posted by GNU:
PDFreaders.org - Get a Free Software PDF reader!
http://www.pdfreaders.org/

Don Marang
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org