Re: [orca-list] Pdf accessibility in Linux was Re: Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

I tried Evince once more last night just to refresh my memory of the
experience.  I went onto the python site and downloaded the python 2.7
documentation, unzipped it and tried opening one of its files.  I
tried both Evince and Acroread again, actually.  Anyway, finding and
opening the file were not hard.  Once I wanted to navigate it though,
I did not get anything at all.  With Acroread, I got the bookmark list
which was a series of roman numerals.  Each pdf file in this archive
had such a bookmark list.  Al the other panes for commenting,
attaching files, oh, ... all that sutff were acessible.  Evince's
corresponding menu items were too.  In neither case was I able to read
any of the text at all.  In Adobe, I even tried the "read out loud"
feature after I hunted down gnome-speech, instaled festival and
configured it to work with pulse audio.  Nothing.

Alex M