Re: [orca-list] Orca preferences dialog redesign

Hello,
Something I'd been thinking about suggesting, is trying to group the entries on the "key-bindings" tabe in ogically conected sections.

For example:
currently the first 6 entries are "bookmark where am i ..." entries, followed by six "go to bookmark ..." entries but then, on my system, there are three extra entries ("perform left mouseclick", "perform "right mouseclick" and "route cursor ...") before six more "add bookmark ..." options and a final "save bookmarks" option.  It makes sense, to me, to have all the "bookmark" functions run in a continuous tract.

OTHER EXAMPLES INCLUDE THE "flat review" commands.
Currently, my keybindings listing looks like:

"search for next instance of a string"
"speak current flat review character."
"phonetically speak the current flat review character"
"speaks unicode value of current flat review character."
"searc for previous instace of  string"

I think "next y." and "previous Y." type options should be consecutive in the list whenever it makes sense.

Large portions of the flat-review commands are bundled in logical subclusters (all the current characters are together, all the "by word" features seam to be together and the line options appear connected) but not all these sections are connected with each other.

I think it would make it easier to find specific bindings to change or add if all the sets of related features were lined up together.

Just my opinion:-)