From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Joanmarie Diggs
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 11:57 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Orca preferences dialog redesign

Hey all.

Something I periodically hear is that the Orca Preferences dialog has far
too many options and that it is generally visually displeasing. I've been
wanting to address this for quite some time, but other things keep coming
up. And realistically, I am not a designer. At all.

Fortunately, Igalia is the gift that keeps on giving. In addition to my
being able to focus on Orca for my DayJob, we have a proper designer
(Felipe) who is going to solve this problem for us.

Felipe has asked:

Before we try to structure the information in a nicer/clearer way, we
should make sure that we have all the right stuff in. Do you know of
people having problems with the current dialog? Maybe something that
needs an extra explanation to be understood? Any use case that is not
being well served at the moment? Common mistakes?

So let's come up with all of the items and issues in need of addressing so
Felipe can design a proper GUI for Orca.

Thanks in advance! Take care.
--joanie