Re: [orca-list] Orca preferences dialog redesign

I wonder if the 'profiles' settings should come out of the 'general' tab? The 'profiles' thing needs to be better explained. I still don't understand what it offers that isn't done with per-app and per-user settings.

How about putting the 'speech' and 'voice' settings into one combined tab, as they used to be done? I think we need better descriptions for the 'key echo' options. It seems redundant to have options like 'alpha-numeric keys' and 'echo by character'. Maybe 'echo by character' and 'echo by word' should be on another tab; let's call it 'display echo'?

Offering the first drops in the brain storm,

Dave