Re: [orca-list] Accessible Distros

Hi,

Well, I haven't been able to install Fedora myself since Fedora 13, and if version 17 is anything like 16 the install isn't completely accessible.

I've tried OpenSuse with a lot more success. If you manually launch Yast from the run command you can usually get an accessible setup and do the install using Orca. However, make sure to download the Gnome Live cd, not the Opensuse DVD, as the live cd has all the accessibility stuff we need.

As for Ubuntu 12.04 once you hear the drumbs press control+s to bring up Orca, type in your user name and password, and login. Once logged in you can press alt+f2, type orca, and enter to launch Orca.